Author Topic: Joining the Gaming Nerds ᴙ Us Forum  (Read 51 times)

Firebomb

• Rouser of Rabble
  • Administrator
  • Level 3 Nerds
  • I am a meat popsicle.
    • View Profile
    • Technohol 13: the Atomic Drink!
Joining the Gaming Nerds ᴙ Us Forum
« on: August 27, 2018, 05:38:44 pm »
For those of you who have just joined the Gaming Nerds ᴙ Us: welcome! We're glad to have you, and though we're starting over from scratch for the most part, we hope you can ultimately participate in plenty of discussions - whether related to games, nerds, or some combination therein. The only problem is that, while the forum was previously rather open-ended, for the most part, it has become positively inundated with automated spammers from all corners of the earth.

As such, countermeasures have been put in place to bring these irksome, automated antagonists to heel. When you first join the forum from now on, the One of Us, One of Us portion of the board is all you will initially have access to. Sure, you can read the whole thing while logged out, but once you're in, you can only interact with us here - at least, at first. Once we see that you're not a scammer, we'll happily give you board rights to access the rest of the forum.

This may be a bit inconvenient, but it seemed the easiest way to cull the vast majority of bad actors from the site before they can even get started. The admin, despite his ceaseless protestations otherwise, is only human, and can't keep up with the snake oil salesmen otherwise. Thus, upon joining the board, just drop a message here, and we'll add you to the 'Not a Bot' group that can engage with the rest of the forum as 'regular members' formerly could.

Once more, welcome to Gaming Nerds ᴙ Us, and we hope you enjoy being a part of our small, but quirky community!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:44:59 pm by Firebomb »
'ruining it for everybody'

rredmond

• Not A Bot
  • Level 1 Nerds
  • I am not a number, nor a bot!
    • View Profile
Re: Joining the Gaming Nerds ᴙ Us Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 01:53:43 pm »
Not a Bot, not a Bot, nanner nanner nanner!!
Well I didn't say I was mature. ;)

Heydee all newcomers, I'm Ron. I play AD&D 1E, though my oldest daughter (of 4 girls  :o ) has forced me to try 5E recently. She's 16yo is my only excuse. It ain't bad, it ain't 1E, but it ain't bad. I'm not sure if I have a signature, but I belong to a couple forums and PbP a lot at Unseen Servant and do stuff for & Magazine, which is an AD&D ezine. In real life I'm a social worker in New Jersey, thus broke but relatively happy. Most of my D&D/TSR collection is PDFs because it's cheaper, and easier to travel with   ;D

Hope everyone is well and I hope that the spammers don't return. And I'm glad my daughter is in the local physics HS because the verification question below, about square roots, isn't fun for a social worker.  :-\

Be well all,
--Ron--

tystates

• Not A Bot
  • Level 1 Nerds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 05:57:14 pm »
I'm here too. An old man in the MSH online scene.

tystates

• Not A Bot
  • Level 1 Nerds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 03:50:00 pm »
And now I have an avatar!

rredmond

• Not A Bot
  • Level 1 Nerds
  • I am not a number, nor a bot!
    • View Profile